Friday, November 12, 2010

Reality Check #1

Well as many of you know, I am a nanny.  Loves it; have been doing it for years.  And for the last 6 months I have had the OVERWHELMING JOY of nannying for the ever wonderful Wendy Pledger.  However, today, reality struck me like a ton a bricks in a deceptively cute handbag.  My heart exploaded like this:

Wendy: "Hey brittney, would you be asking around for a girl who would like to watch the girls next semester?  I'm just going to need someone while you're gone."


And then I died.  Like, I'm writing to you from beyond the grave.  

But seriously, it wasn't until she said it that I realized, "I'm going to have to leave these precious girls.  Someone else is going to come in here and be abundantly blessed because of them.  THAT'S MY THING!!"

Now, when I came back down from my selfish little pity party, I realized that this is all apart of the process.  And that it will be so great for me to share this family with someone else!  And, the kicker...I am not being replaced.  I am simply learning to share.  I cannot have my Spain cake and be a nanny, too. 

Just to show you how such a heartache could happen, here are some photos of these precious, precious girls: (disclaimer, all of theses pictures came straight off my phone, seeing as how I don't take my camera with me everywhere.  So I deeply apologize for the quality, or last their of, in advance.)



 Meet Annie a.k.a. "Annie Pants"
Haha.  Ok. This is the day that I asked Annie to get something out of the fridge.  I turn around to make their sandwiches or something and I hear,
"HEY! WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!"
The fridge door had closed on her!  Is it heavy?  No.  Is she the tiniest 4 year old ever? Yes.
In the words of Luke Danes,
 "I don't even like kids. They're always sticky like they've got jam on their hands. Even if there's no jam in the house, somehow, they've always got jam on their hands!  I have no patience for jam hands!"

I do, Luke.  I so so do.


Meet Grace a.k.a. "Gracie Girl"
Please ignore my ignoramus baboon face.  Look at that angel!


Meet Lilly a.k.a. "Lilly Pad"




Dear Jesus,  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you a million times over.  For Annie, Gracie, Lilly, and their wonderful mother, Wendy, with whom I am at a CONSTANT  loss for words.  Thank you for showing me your strength and your grace through her.  May you continue to bind them together in your name.  Give me strength to know that you love them even in my absence.  Thank you.
Claiming joy in my reality,
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment